1. rising early - despite the fact that it was supposed to be a holiday, we frequently got a wake-up call at six in the morning. it didn't matter that no-one had ever asked for any such thing...
2. smiling not recommended - politeness gives a lot of space for interpretation... too much space. especially for the male turk.
3. ancient greek history - apparently non-existent in the area of today's turkey. and if you wanna know why there are so many greek inscriptions on the ancient sites, the answer is very simple: greek writing was so popular back then that the romans used it too. latin was a dead language even in those times, hey!
4. please wear your blinkers - if you look around too much you might notice all the garbage on the side of the road... we love plastic bottles!!!
5. no bending over in jeans - if you do that you might find yourself asked by 3 fifty something male pigs if you could please solve the riddle: are you wearing underwear???
6. not in times of crisis - going on a package tour is a game of russian roulette in itself. relationship troubles diminish your chances of winning the game. severely!
7. home sweet home - there's no place like home, that's for sure!
BUT if you ignore points 1 to 7 one could say that it was a brilliant holiday...