Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Welcome back!

Well. yes, I'm back in Melbourne, so I guess I made my threats come true. Who would have thought?

I arrived a few days ago, the day the biggest storm was about to happen ever since records began, so coming down on the plane was a pretty bumpy experience. Lucky me that I didn't arrive one day later because that's when the storm really got it working. Half of Melbourne had wet feet that day and probably spent most of the night putting bowls and anything else that would hold water on the floor since most of the houses in this country have holes in the roof. And when you're done searching for all the leaks then you can try and go to sleep to a nice little dripping concert or you just don't sleep at all and do what I did (well, I'm not going to talk about that right now... only as much: it involved another person.)

Anyhoo, I've had a bit of trouble getting my staff card that I need to have access to the computers and the Australian Centre where I'm going to spend my time in the next few months being very productive. It's also a library card, so that's pretty important. Apparently it's all going to happen in the next couple of days. We'll see. Other than that I'm looking for a place to live but it's going to be a bit difficult to find something for such a short period of time. I've already looked at a couple of houses (one right around the corner of Charles Street, my former residence and crazy party house that I missed quite a lot when I was back in Berlin) but I got time, so I don't need to hurry (thanx to a friend of mine who lets me stay with her). I'll just be lucky and find a place that's not too expensive yet close to uni and full of likeable people. No prob, I reckon!

So, welcome to the live of Inga! Pop in for more updates soon! Inga

No comments: