Monday, September 19, 2005

Election day

hey folks!

Long time, no write. Hence there's quite a few news to report (if anyone is still checking this blog after such a long time of neglect...).

1. Elections. Germany decides today if Maggy Thatcher II will take over the reign of this ailing country... If there wasn't enough reason before to emigrate, then there definitely would be... We can only hope and get drunk all the while. I was going to be a good girl tonight but I think it's going to be a close thing between the German Labour and Conservative side. Too much anxiety and also fear of a conservative tidal wave that needs to be drowned. Wish us luck!!!

2. I got a job. Unfortuantely it's one of those money-earning jobs: threetimes a week I stand my feet sore in a shoe shop. Guess what I'm doing there! Yes, I'm selling shoes. Call me Al. Al Bundy. I've heard this one many times...

3. I might get a real job soon. Maybe. I don't want to build up any expectations. The only downside to that: I would have to move to Munich... It's prbably not that bad down there after all but I've got soooo many preconceptions and second-hand experiences with this city and its arrogant inhabitants that I'm not too happy to maybe live there. For two years! But if they offer me this TV-cadettship (a mixture between a job and traineeship as a journalist) I'd be absolutely sick in the brain to not do it. We'll see. Anything is better than selling shoes...

4. You probably knew it all along. And I probably knew it as well: no matter where I go I get myself into the same kind of unhealthy emotional situations that I know so well. I'm handling everything much better (got a lot of experience of course) but that doesn't mean that it's less difficult... people...

5. That's it for now. OOOH, I forgot the most important: I'm now officially a MISTRESS of the ARTS. I finished my degree with a distinction (exams + thesis), which is good but also rather average. I guess there's worse. Well, I can find solace in the fact that my supervisor is a tough cookie when it comes to grading but she gave me an excellent feedback. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the mark but after her assessment of my thesis I left her office with a big and proud smile. So, I guess it's all good.

Right kids, winter is slowly returning to the northern hemisphere. Today will probably be the last of the Indian summer days for this year. I'm going to go to the park now with Kassandra. She's a book by a very well-known and awfully brilliant German writer (Christa Wolf, if anyone is interested in checking it out). I tell you: every sentence a little piece of art.

Lots of love to everyone! shucks i

7 comments:

fiel.kuhla said...

sweetie,
i'm at work, by myself and too tired to work on my thesis, so i thought i'll amuse myself with all the blogs available and what do i find? yours, hooray! i won't comment on points 1. and 2., 4. too awful. point 3. munich, well. a job - this is fantastic!!!!! you'll have lots of stupid visitors for the oktoberfest, i'm sure. 5. i wish i was as far as you are at the same time, maybe not. too scary thinking of growing up, getting the last result and having to look for a proper job. you're my heroine, babe, for being the first and for handling it so well! and kassandra, i've got the hörbuch, would you like to listen to it?
big hug andwet kiss
omma

inga von k said...

Mensch Omma! I didn't expect anyone to still be interested in this kind of journal entry by me and myself. I mean... anyway, nice to know that I didn't just randomly distribute personal information into the gigantic cyber-aether out there...
by the way, I would love to borrow the Hörbuch!!! It's the second time in my life that I'm going through this Christa Wolf phase but I'm able to appreciate it much better now that I'm a little older. You only get a superficial impression of her brilliance when you're sixteen. I'm really quite excited about being so excited about a German writer. Makes me adore the poetic possibilities again that this language entails.
Righto, back to work! See you soon, babe! Kuss i

animaldelmar said...

did anyone notice that inga now uses words like "ailing" and "entails"? i did. it does impress me, i must admit. yes, people are still checking your blog, my love, i am at least. and the oma. the oma and i are the most reliable blogspotterines in the history of blog. we'll always write, too! inga, babe, thank you for saying yes. congrats again for "being the first", jaja, wir kleinen sind schon lange nicht mehr klein. i'll see you tonight for food and talk, kiss, m

inga von k said...

You're cute, my little favourite Mariekchen... Too bad you came too late for me to still be there at Erik's. After this little dinner at my house I'm soooo glad that all yous are in my life. I mean, I was before too but it made me realise again how enriched my life is even if it looks rather bleak and empty sometimes, what with all the waiting for the beginning of my real life and all. I think I just need a purpose and some kind of emotional back-up, something that can fill the space within me, not only temporarily like all these little diversions that I take refuge in most of the time just to not be alone with myself for too long.
Anyways Mausi, luvs ya heaps. shucks i

animaldelmar said...

with a very snotty nose i say thank you. inga, ich lieb dich auch und du verschönerst mein leben ebenfalls gewaltig. same for the susy. kusskusskuss.

fiel.kuhla said...

ach,
ihr seid ja soo suess!!!! ich knutsch euch mitten auf die schnottigen nasen und freu mich ueber so schoene freundschaftsphasen und -phrasen, die keine sind, sondern so lange andauern wie das wehen im wind. also hoffentlich noch ganz ganz ganz lang, bis ich wirklich mal so alt bin, wie ich mich ausgeb.
herzis, schoen, dass es euch gibt, ich hatte ein wunderbares wochenende, welches bei inga begann und immer noch seine wirkung zeigt. ging mir lange nicht so entspannt und ich muss sagen, es wirkt sich auch auf meine arbeitsmoral aus! (siehe frau z.s blog) ingale, gerne kriegste die wolf, ich beeil mich! dicke knutschis an zwei wunderbare frauen, die ich tüchtig lieb hab.
eure omma

inga von k said...

SOOOOOO much LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVVIIIIIIN. Incredible. Mwuah mhuaw mhuaw!!!