Saturday, June 11, 2005

Everybody is a case performance...

... insiders will have noticed that I am clever and corrupt enough to use and abuse other people's original ideas, only slightly changing them, so nobody will be able to actually prosecute me.
Tough shit.
So, big deal... I'm an imposter.
At least that's how I feel like sitting here trying to come up and juggle around with academic ideas and weave them into a tightly knit fabric that can be utilised as a base for discussion in the future. On whose floor would it sit though? No idea. I'm just glad when this is over.
So, everybody is a case performance, a space perturbance, a ridiculous prodrudance, a serious impudence. This could go on until I have used all kinds of funny and sophisticated sounding words that the English language so readily provides for academic imposters like me. If nothing else, this thesis will be a well-worded grotesque expression of my insanity. That's something I reckon.

What does the general public think? Share your thoughts but be aware: "Those who take part in social laughter assure themselves of their own fallibility, finality, mortality - and thus of their own ridiculousness." (an insight by Karel Kosik on the crisis of modernity)

2 comments:

animaldelmar said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I fail. And laugh still.

inga von k said...

Mmhhmm, interesting approach. You explored the entire width of the case that's provided, so that the on-looker must engage and turn his passivity into active subjectivity. Well done! You should come to my office later on, so we can discuss this some more (winkwinknudgenudge).
I hope this was an inspiration to everyone else. Submit your ideas by next Tuesday. No time to complain. Get moving!
So, I'll see you in my office? Bring some time! hhhuuuhhhmmmm.